29 Nov Head Brewer Vacancy
Wimbledon Brewery is recruiting a Head Brewer from 2020
Since launching in 2015, The Wimbledon Brewery has quickly established as a producer of award-winning beers including International Brewing Awards and World Beer Awards gold medals. The brewery has supplied cask, keg and small pack products to several hundred pubs, several supermarkets and has distributed across the UK through a number of wholesale networks.
Our Head Brewer is moving off to pastures new and we are looking to recruit a new Head Brewer to continue our success and take The Wimbledon Brewery into 2020.
- Management and operation of the brewery, ensuring all operations are efficient, hygienic and safe
- Management of a team of brewers and their ongoing development and training
- Responsible for contracts and supply of brewhouse materials, packaging goods, chemicals and other materials
- Ensuring inventory is in keeping with production whilst balancing cost and cash flow considerations
- Ensure paperwork and documentation for all brewing systems e.g. brew sheets, daily brewery tasks, delivery notes, are kept up to date
- Seeking continuous improvement to the product and process whilst maintaining beer quality through analysis and taste panels
- New product development when expanding Wimbledon Brewery’s beer portfolio
- Working closely with sales and distribution teams to meet sales demand
- Maintain and develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the Brewing processes from receipt of raw materials through to packaged finished goods
- Development and management of H&S, SALSA and all regulatory affairs
- Management of 3rd party packaging suppliers
- Work with the Directors to contribute to the future success of the business as a key member of the senior management team, attending regular management meetings and providing both strategic and tactical input into the brewery business plans
- Represent the brewery and support the sales team when required at events such as trade shows, ‘Meet the Brewer’, beer festivals or brewery tours
Who we are looking for:
- A good level of brewing experience in a leadership/management role, with a professional brewing qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Extensive knowledge of industry compliance standards: including safety standards, Government regulatory programs, HACCP, and production management systems such as Brewman
- A strong understanding of process controls, troubleshooting and process improvement
- A passion for beer and the development of new beers
- Strong organisational, planning and communication skills combined with attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task, prioritise, adapt to changing situations and stay focused on objectives
- Must be flexible and willing to take a hands-on approach in order to support the brew-team and brewery when required
- Passion and professionalism with an optimistic outlook to life and beer
We are offering a competitive salary based on experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: REF 2020 Head Brewer.
All applications treated in strict confidence. Applications only from candidates eligible to work in the UK/EU, please.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 31st December 2019